click tracking
LoveAndLight

How to avoid absorbing others' energy?

I am very "female" and two of the people I live with (family members) are very "male". When they are angry or upset they pour that energy out massively and I absorb it readily. We are all isolating together so it's quite overwhelming sometimes! I was wondering if you guys might be able to offer some advice/tips/techniques about how to shield ones-self from absorbing all of this unpleasant energy please? I'm quite new to energy work and haven't developed my male side very strongly yet!

Thanks guys :D

xxxxxx

• Like 2

I would say try the opposite of shielding - sit with what you want to escape from, let it pass through you. Most likely their anger is hitting stuff inside of you, which causes the overwhelming and uncomfortable feelings. Just my experience at least. It can be a blessing in disguise, because it shows us things in ourselves that we have to deal with. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jazz said:

Thank you, that's really useful :) I will try doing that!

Nice. It’s easier said than done! Lol. But starting to notice what we (subconsciously) run from is important, and sometimes when we “face our fears”, we see that it’s more the fear itself that does the damage. 

Sometimes I notice, during the day, I’m moving more quickly, thoughtlessly, almost on autopilot. I will slow down and tune into what’s making me “run”. Could be some anxiety about work, or a conversation I had earlier in the day. Could be some anger directed at me the day before. Once I slow down and feel it, process it, I no longer am on autopilot, I’m no longer unconsciously running.

I don’t need to deconstruct the other persons actions, or dissect it in any way. Simply noticing my own reaction is enough. Noticing how I’m trying to escape it, and choosing to let it “catch up with me”. Sitting with it. Seeing it’s not as bad as I think it is. 

• Like 2

While agreeing with faxin, i would add to confront the situation at hand. Are they beint jerks? Do you deserve that

Kind of treatment? Will they change their behaviour if confronted or will it get worse? 

Thats your male side speaking then. 

• Like 3