click tracking

Material World

This is really interesting topic.

I think many people agree that letting go of stuff is good even if they don't know how to practice it in their lives. At least i haven't had a conflict in my personal life about this matter.

It might also be a matter of being grounded.

Another thing that came to mind is that at some point of your progression you might stumble upon a state where the material world becomes uninteresting to you and start getting into light work more. At least that's where i feel i am at now, even though i enjoy my life quite a lot, i would just rather do light work more than anything else at the moment. This will probably pass too and i'll get back into the real life.

I'm not really sure what the division about these two things is. To me they seem one and the same. Meditation at some point becomes a part of your life instead of something you engage in half and hour a day.

Would love to read also your personal thoughts about this quite too, Jonny.

Edited by Tuesday
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Tuesday said:

This is really interesting topic.

I think many people agree that letting go of stuff is good even if they don't know how to practice it in their lives. At least i haven't had a conflict in my personal life about this matter.

It might also be a matter of being grounded.

Another thing that came to mind is that at some point of your progression you might stumble upon a state where the material world becomes uninteresting to you and start getting into light work more. At least that's where i feel i am at now, even though i enjoy my life quite a lot, i would just rather do light work more than anything else at the moment. This will probably pass too and i'll get back into the real life.

I'm not really sure what the division about these two things is. To me they seem one and the same. Meditation at some point becomes a part of your life instead of something you engage in half and hour a day.

Would love to read also your personal thoughts about this quite too, Jonny.

Thanks for the great post, Tuesday.

I share your sentiments that the material, and spiritual world, are not so separate.  I also think there are steps in one's journey where it can be difficult or lonely.  Where we view others as different from ourselves.  It's good to know that this is merely a step on the journey, and not the destination. 

It feels to me that once a person goes "inside" (spiritual) for long enough and deeply enough, there is a natural returning to the material world, like coming full circle.

• Like 2

I was always very interested in the "fifth sight" that the Buddha experienced ... so the legend goes, after he returns to the palace having witness old age sickness and death, there is a banquet with guests and entertainment from local folk dancers.  He was still pondering the meaning and shock of all that he had seen, which contrasted so much with the indulgence and celebrating happening at the meal, and later that night he saw those dancing girls sleeping in the compound without the glitz and glamour and saw the unvarnished and humble suffering reality of human life.

I think it was not just that he had seen old age sickness and death, but he had seen that the glitz and glamour indicates the kind of sleepwalking that people live in.
It's one thing that life is painful, maybe that could be okay, but to live by avoiding that ... that was not okay.

I think when people talk of the "materialistic world", they are just talking about a state of consciousness ... or a state of unconsciousness, which human are experiencing that is disconnected from reality.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1
On 12/26/2019 at 2:46 PM, rideforever said:

I think when people talk of the "materialistic world", they are just talking about a state of consciousness ... or a state of unconsciousness, which human are experiencing that is disconnected from reality.

Agreed, nice :)