click tracking
shady

what is the purpose of the existence?

Can you please explain what is the purpose of all of this experience and existence?

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 1:52 PM, Tom said:

To realize your true nature.

I like that. The ALL Flower folds and the US Petals unfold. There is no folding without unfolding. But there is no unfolding without something that is/has been folded.

Edited by SpectralStar
  • Like 1

Hmmm, all these reasons don't seem much convincing. at least not interesting like to realize my own nature. I mean in the first place why would you put yourself in a situation that it is not you to realize who you are. and what does it mean to realize who you are... I just am. Especially if you consider that everything is you and energy. it is a twisted thing. 

19 hours ago, shady said:

Hmmm, all these reasons don't seem much convincing. at least not interesting like to realize my own nature. I mean in the first place why would you put yourself in a situation that it is not you to realize who you are. and what does it mean to realize who you are... I just am. Especially if you consider that everything is you and energy. it is a twisted thing. 

Have you realized you are energy and everything?

Existence is asking itself the same question, because as above so below.

Why does a sculptor sculpt ?  Because it ... is its nature.  It discovers its nature through existing.

Love intelligence consciousness the so-called-material, many things.

Discovering the primordial is a high creation, a return to the beginning after a long journey.

A return, as if nothing has changed, but something has changed.

• Like 1

I would put it in a way, why does a cat exist, a tree...etc in itself what is its purpose. the only way to justify its existence is by relating it to others things/relationships.

But in itself, if each form in this reality reflects back on itself, it has no meaning.

58 minutes ago, Tuesday said:

Many answers given. My take on it: It just is.

You can look at it dualistically or just accept that life exists.

just like that? when i take action, do i just be like, ok i will do this. why ? I don't know.

why people exist i don't know, why earth is here, i don't know...... why you are alive and existing... because... I exist?

I change my answer. Last month I wrote "The purpose of life is to live." That's wrong. In truth, no one can tell you the purpose of life, for the simple reason that only you experience life. It's up to you to find life's purpose, but that search presupposes a desire for there to actually be a purpose.

Do you want life to have a purpose?

• Like 1

The question why comes up possibly because there is a feeling of discomfort in life.

When you are comfortable, giving receiving, being part of various relationships ... then the meaning flows from that.

When this is interrupted there are questions.

So one answer is to reconnect yourself and if there are problems doing that ... then fixing those problems.

Connecting with a partner, family, friends, society.

Of course there comes a time when a deeper connection with yourself is wanted and needed.

These connections are learning connections, we grow through them.

And, from time to time, life will interrupt them, cause us difficulties, cause us to grow.

Take the opportunity.

Breathing in breathing out, connecting with yourself and then with others.

Doing some inner work, then going outside and sharing.

Again and again.

Cycles, and cycles, and cycles.

• Like 2

https://www.etsjets.org/files/JETS-PDFs/37/37-3/JETS_37-3_365-379_Clendenin.pdf

The contemporary Greek Orthodox
theologian Christoforos Stavropoulos summarizes this Orthodox vision:

In the Holy Scriptures, where God Himself speaks, we read of a unique call directed to us. God speaks to us human beings clearly and directly and He says:
"I said, Tou are gods, sons of the most high—all of you"' (Ps. 82:6 and John
10:34).

Do we hear that voice? Do we understand the meaning of this calling?
Do we accept that we should in fact be on a journey, a road which leads to Theosis? As human beings we each have this one, unique calling, to achieve Theosis. In other words, we are each destined to become a god; to be like God Himself, to be united with Him. 

The Apostle Peter describes with total clarity the purpose of life: we are to "become partakers of the divine nature" (2 Pet. 1:4).

This is the purpose of your life; that you be a participant, a sharer in the nature of God and in the life of Christ, a communicant of divine energy—to become just
like God, a true God.2

"Man," writes Gregory of Nazianzus, "has been ordered to become God.

12 hours ago, Tom said:

As human beings we each have this one, unique calling, to achieve Theosis. In other words, we are each destined to become a god; to be like God Himself, to be united with Him.

I find this somewhat problematic. Perhaps it's a linguistic problem, but there are two ways we can interpret "to become a god:" the first is to be unified with the one God, and the second is to become a rival to God. I believe the former is what this text means when it adds "to be united with Him." But we must be cautious when reading this, since if we interpret it with the latter meaning, for us to become (rival) gods, then we are walking the same slippery slope as Lucifer and one third of the angels.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I find this somewhat problematic. Perhaps it's a linguistic problem, but there are two ways we can interpret "to become a god:" the first is to be unified with the one God, and the second is to become a rival to God. I believe the former is what this text means when it adds "to be united with Him." But we must be cautious when reading this, since if we interpret it with the latter meaning, for us to become (rival) gods, then we are walking the same slippery slope as Lucifer and one third of the angels.

We can say Gods or that we are all Buddha’s. 

It is really saying the same things that all mystical traditions teach.

Are there rival Buddha’s?

If you think that Lucifer is really your local mind with its fears and desires does that help? Think of every instance in the Bible and it is based on those two things. Not some evil being with direct influence over us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

If you think that Lucifer is really your local mind with its fears and desires does that help?

From a certain advanced and abstract point of view that does help, but again I urge caution. 

• Like 1