click tracking
Dot

Using intent to effect change

Hi everyone, 

I had an interesting chat the other day about using intent to effect change. How do we really know when it is ego/fear based VS based on a universal need? 

For some context, I have experimented with healing others since starting this path. But obviously part of that comes from my attachment/desire to making them better, as altruistic as it appears on the surface. I have also honestly used it to call my cat back from the outdoors which definitely served my attachment to him being alive :lol: the funny part I guess is that the more ego/fear-based it is, I’m thinking the less effective you actually are.

• Like 6

I get really hung up on the whole "healing' and 'helping' thing. There's a baseline assumption with that in believing that there's something wrong with 'you' or what you're doing that 'I' can fix, that ultimately seems like a dis-service more than a service. I'm all about working with whoever shows up and whoever is already here, it just seems like as much my benefit as theirs, and that it's not for me to say that where they are and what they're doing is not perfect for them in any given moment...

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Dot said:

Hi everyone, 

I had an interesting chat the other day about using intent to effect change. How do we really know when it is ego/fear based VS based on a universal need? 

For some context, I have experimented with healing others since starting this path. But obviously part of that comes from my attachment/desire to making them better, as altruistic as it appears on the surface. I have also honestly used it to call my cat back from the outdoors which definitely served my attachment to him being alive :lol: the funny part I guess is that the more ego/fear-based it is, I’m thinking the less effective you actually are.

I think we are already helping out everyone and the Universe just by being here on this world and at this time, everything else we do is just a bonus.

• Like 4

I always share this link because the message is something I reference often.  There have been many times that I’ve been moved to “fix” something and then remembered these words and have been moved right back into inaction. I’m not sure inaction is the answer, certainly not in every case, but I’m better about checking my motivations before I assume there is something to be done. Thought id share...

http://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?tid=940

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1