click tracking
Sign in to follow this  
megantara

Why are you here?

I was born in christian tradition (my parent sent me to christian school, church, etc even though they do confucianism-budhism), in that context i found that speaking in parables makes it easier to chew than speaking in plain truth, which more often cause misunderstanding (although misinterpretation and misunderstanding might have same root). So, basically every human wants to share (be it good, bad, or evil) what he/she is identified with, and protect/guard it against anything that doesnt agree with it.

So, here's my parable:

One day a man (who likes to eat corn) went searching for best corn seed. He went town to town, village to village, asking every farmer if they have any good corn seed. Everyone that he meet share some of their corn seed, asking nothing in return. Upon returning home, the man sow the seeds then went to sleep. In the morning he went to the field to check the seeds he sowed, and he was infuriated as no plant come from the seed he planted. So deciding that he wont get any corn by planting, he went to market and buy corns he need (to eat of course). Days passed, and one day as he walked pass the field, he see plants. Again he's infuriated about the tall grass that grow in his field, but he ignores them in his fury, and went on his work as usual. Another days passed when he see ears of corn sprouting from the tall grass where he sowed the corn. Excited he reap those corn and went home happily. Arriving home, he opens the corn and again he got angry because the corn is not like what he expected. Some even has worm in it.

to avoid misinterpretation, my point is:

Its easy to get what we need from others by transaction. if we want to produce it ourself and avoid transaction, there's a process to it which involves the unknown. If we go into the unknown having expectation about what should happen, the result, we are bound to go into wrong direction. experience it and see if its right or not. If it doesnt feel right, just go and seek for more instead of wasting time getting angry to people that shared what they have. Be just, one day we may have our "stuff" (yes, i say stuff, which literally means something unknown, just like the number 0, it can be replaced with anything)

I'm writing this because i see personal attack done in public space (this forum, topic, subtopic belong to anyone who is interested). Its not productive at all, and disturbs others for what? Personal glory feeling?

If you don't like what you read: Close the page, forget you ever read it, maybe in time it might worth something

If you don't like what others share or do, why respond in such negative way, forcing your oppinion or belief

Back to the title:
I'm here because i'm seeking for answer, so far i've got no answer yet, but at least i understand that some "stuff" (or "thing") is happening to me in a good way, and i call that progress. I too am labeled as being level 4, but what does it matter? Doesn't knowing where we start is good enough? Why get offended, we are what we are, others are what they are. Everything is good, everyone is good. Most times bad or evil is misplaced goodness, everyone has their own need, but sharing is the basic driving force for this. If no one share, where will we be now? Even animals can share and sometimes form social hirearchy. Please think back about what you are here for, put ear in its place, eyes in its place, and don't identify stuff... let stuff be stuff because its a way of saying something unknown, if its known, there wouldn't be any problem letting it go right? Energy or no energy, shared or kept secret, its personal option, some want to accumulate, some want to let it flow, but whatever i want, how does it bother anyone if i'm the one doing it. You may be bothered if i'm running wild anywhere and smashing trash bins in your neighborhood, but whatever i'm doing inside (my thoughts, my energy work, my belief, etc) how did it bother anyone at all? Sharing is good, but forcing an oppinion is good intent misplaced.

So, what are you here for?

Thank you for sharing your time reading this. If this post offend you, or provoke you to attack me, go ahead... i always have the option to ignore it (but be warned, it will be you wasting your energy, forum space, internet bandwidth, time, and so on by doing so). I love you all (yes, any attacker included)

Edit:
Forgot to say that being christian here means listening to sermons, which doesn't change my life at all, upon returning home i'm back to my worldly self. And more often its like listening children bedtime stories, which usually ends with: so the moral of the story is.... not of much use to me. Being here works good for me, or at least everyone around me see/get the better me. I used to be an ass, jerk, arrogant, looking down on others, gathering knowledge just to prove others are wrong which i use to fuel my big fat ego and feel the joy of being better than anyone. Anyone also welcome to interpret this as lashing out, i think that's what i'm doing here

Edited by megantara
  • Like 4

Hey megantara and welcome!

Great post and I enjoyed your parable. Thank you for sharing. 

One thing I’ll say is Thanks to the internet, I’ve been exposed to many different systems and traditions. I was able to find local Buddhist teachers and visit their temples. I was able to look up Tai chi teachers close by and learn from them. I was able to find Qigong teachers and i

was able to find you guys here. 

That being said, I’ve always just focused on my own practice. I’ve been quite selfish  in that aspect. I don’t really have time to worry about others beliefs. This life is a blink of the cosmic eye, might as well make the most of it while we can and do what feels right to us. 

• Like 1