click tracking

Posted (edited)

Since we have a lot of new members I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts about energy.

Do you feel energy within you, from others or places?

Have you ever done group energy work? Pros and cons of such work in your experience.

Do you do shielding or anything of the sort?

Energy to me is a very important aspect of spirituality and just throwing the topic out to the community for conversation.

Edited by Tom

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

Since we have a lot of new members I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts about energy.

Yes.

Have you ever done group energy work? Pros and cons of such work in your experience.

Yes, overall it has been very helpful to me, but I have had some tough moments at times.

No, I have never utilized shielding, and try to be always increasingly more open.  My view is that if I am clear the stuff does not stick and just passes through.

Energy to me is a very important aspect of spirituality and just throwing the topic out to the community for conversation.

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yep, constantly, although I mostly ignore it throughout the day.

The way I was taught really puts an emphasis on generating one's own energy (either through practices, or effortlessly). Making one's own field strong. So I tend to feel like I'm radiating at all times...but due to ignoring it, I also tend to feel like this is just normal.

The kunlun method opened me up to being able to feel energies of anything, although I don't follow that path these days, and do something that's more active (making the desired thing happen) as opposed to passive (experiencing whatever happens to you).

A little bit. I think there are two cons: 1) people might have negative stuff that latches onto you without anyone trying to make that happen. 2) Some people have ill intentions, and use spirituality and energy work as a way to perhaps feed off of others, or mess with them in some other way. It's not all love and light out there.

So I tend to stay away from certain types of energy work. But if there's a group practice which is about the generation of internal energy, or even if it's about opening up to the macrocosm, then that can be fine. In regard to healing work, I tend to focus on my own field, or in other words, stay centered within myself, as opposed to focusing on the energy of the other person.

Nope...I think having strong energy for oneself, having a strong field, is a protection in itself. Stuff just seems to sluff off most of the time, although there are rare occasions when I feel like I need a cleansing. But overall, I feel stronger than anything which comes near me. I think a lot of having internal strength has to do with the cultivation of one's virtue or character.

I think it's good practice to cleanse after any healing work that was done through contact, even if you have the best field...for instance, if you did hands on healing, you can put sea salt into a bowl of cool water and wash your hands for a bit. I think the best thing would be to have some good soil and roll around in the moist earth for a while.

I've also been taught that with a strong field, the earth ends up interacting with it and fortifying it, offering futher protection. One doesn't have to be connected physically to the earth for this, like through "earthing"...but it requires the internal magnetism to be strong enough that it hooks up to the greater magnetism. And I think a connection to heaven also brings protection and help.

Generating a shield with shapes and colors around us feels like a lot of work to me, and having done it, I wasn't so impressed with the results.

43 minutes ago, Tom said:

Energy to me is a very important aspect

Why ?  What is it to you ?
What is it you are asking or looking for ?
What do you mean by group energy work ?

Energy to me is me but also everything.

Asking so I can learn what others think. Lot’s of interesting stuff in Aetherous’s post for instance.

Many traditions do group energy work so it was really trying to learn what others may be doing.

For me it is what we call a “Dive”. A dive to me is a sharing of oneness with a group that allows for the members of the group to quickly release issues and fears.

42 minutes ago, Tom said:

Many traditions do group energy work

Do you mean like witches ... betwiching someone together ?
Or do you mean people who do tai chi ?
Or do you mean people who do couple tantric sex ?
Or do you mean family constellation therapy ?
Yoga asana ?
Bioenergetics ?

All quite different.

9 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Do you mean like witches ... betwiching someone together ?
Or do you mean people who do tai chi ?
Or do you mean people who do couple tantric sex ?
Or do you mean family constellation therapy ?
Yoga asana ?
Bioenergetics ?

All quite different.

I would say a group of people doing tai chi could be considered group energy work as there is sort of a melding of energy even without intent to do so. The same effect as a group meditation session.

Most of the other suggestions I would not include and any type of bewitching would not be tolerated and would be quickly removed. Such things are not just witches but bad gurus like to create bonds that draw people to them. Again such things would be removed and not tolerated here. Not all bonds are bad but there is a big difference between one given by the student and one used to manipulate another.

I think my example of a dive is a good example of group work.

Have you ever done any 1 on 1 work with another?

Posted (edited)

Yes I have.

Do you know in which state you abide ?
Who was your teacher, and what is your tradition ?

I guess you will tell me you are in the state of bliss.

Are you doing the AYP exercises ?

Edited by rideforever

6 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Yes I have.

Do you know in which state you abide ?
Who was your teacher, and what is your tradition ?

My state of being rises and falls depending on a number of factors. I am more than willing to have an in-depth discussion on Rigpa for instance.

My teacher would disagree that he is a teacher. More like a direct introducer you could say :) 

You may have heard talk at the bums of the light group. Light is more of a realization, a change in ones being. If you do a search for “questions along the road” you will learn a lot about my tradition.

Tbh, the thread was to learn about others and to discuss energy related practices and experiences. Tantra is about using energy to progress along the path. I am just trying to encourage it or at least the discussion of it is all.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Yes I feel energy from both people and places. 

I have done a lot of group energy work and one on one work. The pros are many: such as the work helping me clear my own stuff. The cons are sometimes the energy gets caught and can give me a headache or cause me other discomforts.  But that’s usually temporary and can lead to helping me in the long run. 

I dont do any shielding, as that would be more shielding me from myself. As Jeff said, it’s more opening myself up to it. 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Yes, I feel energy within and from others.

I've done group energy work here in the energy channel, and locally in group meditations and other intentional gatherings. Pros for me are quieting the mind and expanding my field, as well as recognizing and sometimes clearing out old patterns. Cons would be the frustration that can develop when I have an agenda about how things should be going, or when I'm not sure what's happening within the group dynamic.

I've never really understood shielding, either how or why, so no.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

I'm very sensitive to energy. Some incredible experiences I've had throughout my life I find difficult explaining to others.

I definitely feel strong energy within me. I've practiced meditation and the internal arts, daily for over 20 years.

I can sense a persons motives, intentions and their general mindset from eye-contact only. It's a 'psychic gift' I've had since childhood. It has helped me countless times avoiding dangerous situations.  

In my local area we have many ancient churches and ruins of much older civilisations. Whenever I get near to, or enter these places, I can feel very strong, sometimes overpowering energy. I can sense ghosts/spirits and haunted places. At my place of work there are many such spirits. I never feel frightened or afraid. We seem to have an understanding.

The only group work I've done is meditation and one reiki healing session. Before the reiki we did a protection prayer.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

I'm very sensitive to energy. Some incredible experiences I've had throughout my life I find difficult explaining to others.

I definitely feel strong energy within me. I've practiced meditation and the internal arts, daily for over 20 years.

I can sense a persons motives, intentions and their general mindset from eye-contact only. It's a 'psychic gift' I've had since childhood. It has helped me countless times avoiding dangerous situations.  

In my local area we have many ancient churches and ruins of much older civilisations. Whenever I get near to, or enter these places, I can feel very strong, sometimes overpowering energy. I can sense ghosts/spirits and haunted places. At my place of work there are many such spirits. I never feel frightened or afraid. We seem to have an understanding.

The only group work I've done is meditation and one reiki healing session. Before the reiki we did a protection prayer.

Cool stuff.

I would bet that you are able to “see” things as well?

Also, can you sense things about others without eye contact?

Edited by Tom

Just now, Tom said:

Cool stuff.

I would bet that you are able to “see” things as well?

I have 'seen' the manifestations but not the cause. For instance, I've never seen a ghost/spirit, but I've stood and watched as a kettle switched itself on right in front of me. Or when I was tapped on the shoulder by an unseen presence. When I could hear my name being whispered in my ear. Footsteps following me down the empty corridor. Double doors flying open towards me followed by a rush of cold air. 

47 minutes ago, Trish said:

Yes, I feel energy within and from others.

I've done group energy work here in the energy channel, and locally in group meditations and other intentional gatherings. Pros for me are quieting the mind and expanding my field, as well as recognizing and sometimes clearing out old patterns. Cons would be the frustration that can develop when I have an agenda about how things should be going, or when I'm not sure what's happening within the group dynamic.

I've never really understood shielding, either how or why, so no.

Having an agenda or thinking I should feel things or experience things like others do has been an issue for me as well.

I have learned what can seem lacking can actually be a blessing.

12 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

I have 'seen' the manifestations but not the cause. For instance, I've never seen a ghost/spirit, but I've stood and watched as a kettle switched itself on right in front of me. Or when I was tapped on the shoulder by an unseen presence. When I could hear my name being whispered in my ear. Footsteps following me down the empty corridor. Double doors flying open towards me followed by a rush of cold air. 

Some freaky stuff.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Some freaky stuff.

These are just some recent examples. I'm so used to it all now that it's normal. I'm convinced that my pineal gland is open and fully detoxified, allowing me insights into strange phenomena.

I've also seen dangerous situations unfold in front of me in slow-motion, allowing me to take evasive action, many times. 

There is very much to see, and everything is alive, even light.

People do not see it because they have been taught to live in a mind of slavery.

What is materialism but a miserable attitude.

Opening your eyes a little wider you start to see things moving ... everything is moving.

Even you.

One of the most important ideas related to energy is that most human behaviour involves leaking energy.

So before any cultivation or whatever, one needs to stop leaking.

Leaking leads to grave weakness, as your life pours out of your eyes, out of your feelings, out of your mind.

This is unconsciousness.

Humans generate quite a lot of energy and until you understand yourself it will simply drain out of you.

The evil of the modern society is what exactly ? 

It is the draining dry of semi-conscious people who do not really understand.

Most of the activities that we consider normal are really people teaching you to leak even more.

Whether it's money, or your time, or your energy into fruitless activities. 

Buying stuff that not only doesn't help you but damages you.

Being taught totally false ideas about your emotional life, so that you try helplessly to make those wrong ideas work, and suffer continuously on an emotional level.

And of course the awful corruption of thoughts thinking and concepts, endless meaningless garbage talking, that is another leak.

Learning to plug those leaks is very important.

On 8/9/2019 at 7:06 AM, Tom said:

Such an interesting conversation!

Generally speaking I do not feel energy, at least not physically. Sure, there have been times when I was near exceptionally powerful relics or people and felt waves of static electricity or heat in their presence, but that is the exception. What I do feel are intuitive understandings. I just know things. As the years passed I have learned to trust this knowing.

Regarding shielding, I had a conversation elsewhere on this very subject. It seems most don't shield since that reinforces the conflict. I'm not so sure about that. If someone/thing attacks you then shielding makes sense, at least as a temporary measure, but it is much better to ask for help from Kuan Yin, or Jesus, or any of the other celestial beings and let them shield you. This removes you from direct conflict with whomever is attacking you, and I think that is wise.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Such an interesting conversation!

Generally speaking I do not feel energy, at least not physically. Sure, there have been times when I was near exceptionally powerful relics or people and felt waves of static electricity or heat in their presence, but that is the exception. What I do feel are intuitive understandings. I just know things. As the years passed I have learned to trust this knowing.

Regarding shielding, I had a conversation elsewhere on this very subject. It seems most don't shield since that reinforces the conflict. I'm not so sure about that. If someone/thing attacks you then shielding makes sense, at least as a temporary measure, but it is much better to ask for help from Kuan Yin, or Jesus, or any of the other celestial beings and let them shield you. This removes you from direct conflict with whomever is attacking you, and I think that is wise.

Thank you.

I don’t believe in shielding either. To me it is more of a local mind thing.

I have found that when being attacked the best thing to do is to just let go and let it flow through.

I highly recommend connecting to the two beings you mentioned. Such a connection would take you deeper, provide more space for any shared issues to release or flow through without  causing local mind issues.

It is something we do a lot of in my tradition even when not being attacked. A very efficient means of dropping obstructions and progressing along the path.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:06 AM, Tom said:

I avoid group energy work, and my teacher recommended avoiding it.  The thing is, most people have less energy so we end up giving away a lot more than they can. Most people have sicker energy so it contaminates the energy in us that they don't take.  It's like throwing money down the toilet while feeling sick.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:06 AM, Tom said:

No shielding, I tried making a shield for a few minutes and realized it would be a terrible way to live and would close off everything.  No one can only shield from evil and not from good.  It is better to be open to everything, yet transparent.  Transparent makes it like this:

I must not fear, fear is the mind-killer.  Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me, and when it has gone I will turn the inner eye to see its path.  Where the fear has gone there will be nothing, only I will remain.

Once some fundamentalists talked me into chanting Nam Yo Renge Kyo, so I tried it a few times.  I fancied I could hear immortals from one end to the other of heaven and hell laughing at me.

While on the topic of shielding, I'll share some old experiences of mine.

When I used to dabble in the occult (dipping my proverbial toe in the unknown)

I used to practice a technique called (LBRP) Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.  This was the equivalent of a spiritual disinfectant.  It would supposedly balance the energies of your local space.  The first time I performed it, had a significant effect on me.  I was calmer and felt much better (the ritual takes about 1 minute to perform, and the difference was palpable.)  At the time I was recovering from some nasty lifestyle choices, and I thought I had picked up some negative stuff.  Performing this ritual seemed to center me and clear my psychic space for a time.  I even found myself performing the ritual in my dreams, sometimes as a defensive measure to things I encountered in my dreams (at the time I was a nightly lucid dreamer)  This was maybe 7 years ago.

The downside of doing the ritual is, like any technique I became dependent on it.  It seemed to help a bit but there was still my own stuff I was left with.  I believe this "ritual" does clear some lower vibration energy out, a bit like burning sage for your immediate/local psychic space.

The other downside was that it fostered ideas of fear... like there was something I had to "banish", something to keep away.  I was building energetic walls.  Some of my more experienced friends in magick told me doing it too much kept us in an antiseptic bubble, unable to grow.  Of course, there is the Lesser Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram, which is calling the elements into your "circle".  That one felt like an energetic B12 shot.

Anyway, I don't do such practices any more.  But it was a fun experience, and got my feet wet for future practices I would do.

42 minutes ago, FaXin said:

Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram

I may be mistaken, but I think there is also a stronger method of banishing from that tradition as well.