click tracking
Aetherous

Current Politics

This thread is a place where any news, politics, and related subjects can be discussed freely. Learn something from others!

I just posted a Tim Pool segment related to the recent shootings on the other thread although I'm certainly not looking to score points but more interested in the skewing of reality by the MSM. So discussion on news events often seems to come back to the same question i.e. Is it true? The media has always been biased but it now seems to have got to the point where they will propagate blatant lies as part of this bias! Apparently part of the reason CNN are in decline is because they bet the whole network on the Russian conspiracy which has been proven to be a hoax 'and' a lie. 

The UK is now seeing problems with lies being reported, and propagated, in connection with Brexit. In fact it might be fair to say that the British MSM has gone from bias to blatant lies over the last few months. So when people talk about the beginnings of an Orwellian dystopia I think they might be getting closer to a real truth! 

No point continuing to complain about things.
One must more beyond, this and far beyond this.

If you want to study the mechanisms of the MSM, you can consider the number of newspapers going bust and the decline in circulation figures, listen to journalists who lived 40 years ago, Orwell himself wrote a fantastic book on the English language and it's decline into banality ... that was decades ago.  
In terms of the sheep like walking to their deaths of humans, this explains a lot :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment#Replications_and_variations

As for the needs of a man to understand the world and how this may be done, and what he really wants ... this can also be considered.
The modern world is a gloom full of unhappy people  ... and it's simply good to get fresh air.

3 hours ago, PatrickJB said:

So when people talk about the beginnings of an Orwellian dystopia I think they might be getting closer to a real truth! 

Not only with the news media...but also big tech (and very small tech) being strongly biased toward the left, deplatforming problematic voices any chance they can get.

Not to mention the entertainment industry (Hollyweird, late night TV), even sports networks like ESPN, or individual athletes...the educational industry, where teachers are predominantly "liberal" from elementary school and up, where indoctrination especially happens in higher universities...

GivingFrequentEsok-small.gif

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aetherous said:

...the educational industry, where teachers are predominantly "liberal" from elementary school and up, where indoctrination especially happens in higher universities...

Yep indoctrination has been always going on but now it really is brainwashing! Spooky as I was thinking of watching 'They Live' later tonight! I take it you recognise the image you posted?

For the record it's 'Lion's Gate' day, 8/8. It has nothing to do with the loony left suggesting it's a Nazi thing!!! 

The 8-8-2019 Lions Gate Activation

Every year on and around the 8th day of the 8th month of the year (August 8th), there is a cosmic alignment called “the Lions Gateway”. The Lions Gate is a time of increased cosmic energy flowing between the physical and spiritual realms.

The Lions Gate energy this year opens up July 26th- August 12th, with the peak of energy on August 8th!

The Lions Gate has ties to ancient Egypt and for Thousands of years has been observed and honored as a time of a great energetic influx and activation!

This gateway is marked by an alignment between the Earth and the star Sirius. As Sirius rises in the sky, Orions Belt directly aligns with the Pyramid of Giza, and from our perspective on Earth, it appears that Sirius (the brightest star we can see) comes closer to the Earth.

It's called the Lions Gate, or Lions Gateway because it occurs in the astrological sign of Leo (the Lion). As a Zodiac Sign, Leo is associated with the heart center and represents the individualized expression of the Divine.

The Leo energy is the perfect stage to anchor the ascension codes and energies of higher consciousness broadcast through the star Sirius and through the Great Central Sun.

When this alignment happens, there is an intense surge of light which awakens DNA, activates the human energy field, and transmits high vibrational frequencies and codes of awakening.

Light codes of ascension, mastery, and evolution from Sirius pour towards Earth, sometimes called the Spiritual Sun as well, aligning yet another level of activation and opportunity for progression on the ascension path.

The Lions Gateway energy is all about more fully awakening your Divine Light and embodying Divinity within a physical form.

Leo energy that we're all experiencing at this time (regardless of your personal zodiac sign) is also associated with royalty, and so this alignment can be seen as awakening the royal codes of higher living which are available for all.

This gateway creates an incredible period of accelerated ascension… This year, it's supercharged…

Source: https://www.ask-angels.com/spiritual-guidance/the-888-lions-gate-activation/

Edited by PatrickJB

3 hours ago, rideforever said:

As for the needs of a man to understand the world and how this may be done, and what he really wants ... this can also be considered.
The modern world is a gloom full of unhappy people  ... and it's simply good to get fresh air.

More people should wear sunglasses!  B)

1 hour ago, PatrickJB said:

Spooky as I was thinking of watching 'They Live' later tonight! I take it you recognise the image you posted?

Yep, I love that movie!

Talking about media bias! Remember I'm a Brit so I don't know who McConnell is but the the bias is what interests me. 

Posted (edited)

@PatrickJB

McConnell holds the most powerful position in Congress. As Speaker of the Senate, he decides what bills move forward, i.e.,  voted on to become Law... including those bills passed by the House of Representatives. 

Edited by rene

I suggest caution when indulging political threads. That was my mistake previously. Political threads are like fire, warm and enticing but they easily get out of control.

The I Ching and I have been discussing my relationship with online forums. That conversation is here:

I suspect this may contain valuable advise to other fellow "refugees."

Jason (formerly "Lost in Translation")

46 minutes ago, rideforever said:

BoJohnson on Fire

I just want us to get out of the EU ASAP. 

@rene Thanks

If a mob showed up outside the home of someone that important in the UK they would all be arrested. 

So are Twitter out of order for locking his account? I think so as they could have just removed the tweet. Is his video still up on Twitter? Sorry I don't use it. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I suggest caution when indulging political threads.

I am also a bit apprehensive after what happened at TDB...but I find it very interesting when people who are spiritual seekers and practitioners are able to speak freely on issues regarding the world. We discover that not everyone sees things in the same way, and that's where the fun and learning lies.

This exposure to other opinions can only happen in a place which allows others to speak freely (within reasonable limits).

6 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

I am also a bit apprehensive after what happened at TDB...but I find it very interesting when people who are spiritual seekers and practitioners are able to speak freely on issues regarding the world. We discover that not everyone sees things in the same way, and that's where the fun and learning lies.

This exposure to other opinions can only happen in a place which allows others to speak freely (within reasonable limits).

I agree 100%, which is why I merely urge caution.

Here is a related comment I wrote from a Buddhism thread on Equanimity:

22 hours ago, Jason said:

Ah... so the real question is when does informing someone that they are wrong stop being a service to them? As long as the other is listening to you then they have capacity to learn from you, but the moment the other feels they are being criticized or attacked by you then the learning stops and the argument begins.

This is a serious issue. We see this play out all around us. One person feels they are speaking truth -- indeed they may be doing exactly that -- but the other person just hears an incoming attack so they assume defensive positions. In these times, equanimity demands that we see the truth of the situation and respond accordingly, which may mean simply walking away.

I vow to remain mindful of my emotional state and to withdraw from posting while angry. There is no point in speaking when the other is not listening. I've already lost too many friends, hopefully not forever. I have no desire to lose any more.

Posted (edited)

Well if trolls appear there's not a lot that can be done. I'm not saying trolls caused the chaos at the bums because I didn't really get to involved. Yes I had my Brexit thread but it wasn't frenzied like the Trump threads. 

I was a bit annoyed when Sean booted me because I wasn't really involved in the trump threads. But I'm happy to be gone because Sean is taking such a hardline left wing view of things. I really do think he's making himself look bad as he seems to have lost all objectivity. 

I like it here. :P

Edited by PatrickJB

2 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

Very odd that they thought it was actually a good idea to make a movie like this, in our current political climate.

Sebastian Gorka was just mentioning that on his radio show. It's actually quite terrifying, especially when combined with stories of Juaquin Castro doxing Trump supporters in his home district.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/08/07/rep-joaquin-castro-steps-on-rake-after-doxxing-his-own-donors/

To say we are in an ideological "cold war" is a bit of an understatement. I'm old enough to see the insanity for what it is. I fear the younger generation have no clue what's going on and will suffer horribly as this plays itself out.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Sebastian Gorka was just mentioning that on his radio show. It's actually quite terrifying, especially when combined with stories of Juaquin Castro doxing Trump supporters in his home district.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/08/07/rep-joaquin-castro-steps-on-rake-after-doxxing-his-own-donors/

To say we are in an ideological "cold war" is a bit of an understatement. I'm old enough to see the insanity for what it is. I fear the younger generation have no clue what's going on and will suffer horribly as this plays itself out.

What's the solution to this? Why aren't people waking up and realizing they're being unnecessarily destructive? Is there a mass possession or something?

9 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

What's the solution to this? Why aren't people waking up and realizing they're being unnecessarily destructive? Is there a mass possession or something?

I think we need to take a lesson from water.

Water is patient. It flows everywhere. It's easy to ignore, but it's also incessant. It never stops working, and over time it can dull the sharp edges of rock and cut channels through mountains. When agitated it becomes an irresistible force that can shear buildings off their foundations and raze entire cities to the ground. And it can't be stopped. You can't punch it. You can't cut it or shoot it.

To be like water means to embody the highest principles that you can. Be a good person. Allow others to witness your goodness. Let the other rant and rave. Resist the urge to rave back (that's hard!). Let everyone see the contrast and come to their own conclusions. This is an experiential lesson: you can't teach this with words; you can only demonstrate with action.

That's my take. I failed to live up to this in the past. I'm determined to do better from now on.

Jason (formerly "Lost in Translation")

54 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

20190808_145437.jpg

@rene Thanks

If a mob showed up outside the home of someone that important in the UK they would all be arrested. 

So are Twitter out of order for locking his account? I think so as they could have just removed the tweet. Is his video still up on Twitter? Sorry I don't use it. 

Hi Patrick 

I don't do Twitter either, or Fakebook et al. They, like ALL media, are driven by their bottom line ($$$) so the more salacious the better... as long as what is presented follows the political agenda of the Owners. Truth and integrity are gone.

I just want us to get out of the EU ASAP. 

I think the Queen should dissolve your Parliament and England returns back to a benevolent Monarchy... setting Wales, Scotland free in the process. Ireland can reunite itself.

There. How'd you like them apples. ^_^

8 hours ago, rene said:

I think the Queen should dissolve your Parliament and England returns back to a benevolent Monarchy... setting Wales, Scotland free in the process. Ireland can reunite itself.

There. How'd you like them apples. ^_^

LOL If it was only that simple! :D

I take it most non British peeps realise that our parliament has displayed a great deal of anti-democratic corruption? The media in the UK is massively biased towards staying in the EU and has even started pushing lies. I might have to start a Brexit thread although I'm not going to be very active here as I've got stuff in the real world to attend to. 

I wonder if people realise that what's going on in America and the UK is actually going on all over the planet? I think the Globalist conspiracy is now obviously a fact. :unsure: