click tracking

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome To LU Stella  

Hello, I'm new to the world of internet forums but have been meditating for about 5 years and am hoping for some connection and discussion with like-minded people! I don't know many spiritual people i

Not really one particular thing :) When meditating I either focus on chakras, breathing, loving kindness, chant mantras or body scan, observe that pesky ego!, or a mishmash of the above! In terms of p

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, PatrickJB said:

I was thinking just on the tech sub forum for important changes, they could only be created by mods and admins. Or perhaps I'm missing a joke? :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, PatrickJB said:

LOL Just realised you are probably referring to Brexit!! :D

Nope, no joke :)

I was referring to maintaining respect for the pleasant nature of this place - rather than trying to shape it into something one prefers.

23 minutes ago, Zwerver said:

Yes - that's a consideration I didn't think of before. The like buttons can be used as an encouragement (which is good), but they can equally well turn a dialogue into some sort of battle aimed at gathering the most "likes" or "thanks" and least "dislikes" at the cost of one's "opponent". We have had too much of that at the other site, and I don't think it a good idea to see the same thing happening here.

Agree... although it would be nice to know if a post had been seen. I have an idea; will post it to Karen over in Tech Support.

14 minutes ago, rene said:

Nope, no joke :)

I was referring to maintaining respect for the pleasant nature of this place - rather than trying to shape it into something one prefers.

LOL

OK I enjoyed the laugh and I'm thinking that maybe the button could cause a subtle discord so you're probably right. :)

13 hours ago, rene said:

Hi Steve, thanks, yeah that was kind of an unknown on this end too, lol. Seems I still have a few broadheads to fly. ^_^

Supper.jpg

Love them turkey drumsticks.  Do you put corn out to attract them?

3 minutes ago, Steve said:

Love them turkey drumsticks.  Do you put corn out to attract them?

No need, they're abundant up here.

Along with whitetails & muleys, coyotes, hawks, ravens, owls... Haven't seen elk yet but it's early. Big bull moose walked passed my window last week, heading for the swampy creek down below. Glad he just looked in at me and kept going, lol. 

I can't figure out my login in that other site so I'll stay here for awhile :ph34r:

Time for a proper-ish introduction... Let's see :blink:, I'm an early 20s random fella, I have been reading (skimming over really) "spiritual" content for many years tho I have not really practiced at all, I have no progress in anything, many missed oportunities everywhere in my life :P . I'm currently stuck in deep Levels of depression and loserness. I seek normalcy. Trying to open up a little since I never really talk :blush:

9 minutes ago, JadeSun said:

I can't figure out my login in that other site so I'll stay here for awhile :ph34r:

Time for a proper-ish introduction... Let's see :blink:, I'm an early 20s random fella, I have been reading (skimming over really) "spiritual" content for many years tho I have not really practiced at all, I have no progress in anything, many missed oportunities everywhere in my life :P . I'm currently stuck in deep Levels of depression and loserness. I seek normalcy. Trying to open up a little since I never really talk :blush:

Welcome to LU. I saw you joined chat and even joined a dive the other day.

I am a little under the weather at the moment but looking forward to getting to know you better in the future.

1 hour ago, JadeSun said:

I'm an early 20s random fella, I have been reading (skimming over really) "spiritual" content for many years tho I have not really practiced at all, I have no progress in anything, many missed oportunities everywhere in my life :P . I'm currently stuck in deep Levels of depression and loserness. I seek normalcy.

This could be mistaken, but possibly you are shaman material, and if you don't find your calling (which is usually some kind of healing* modality) or just pick one and pursue that, then it will cause those feelings of missed opportunities, depression, and loserness.  I felt similarly earlier in life, but never let depression get a hold, I always felt it was good to tough it out through the bad parts.

* healing - could apply to physical, emotional, or spiritual, or all at the same time.

1 hour ago, JadeSun said:

I'm currently stuck in deep Levels of depression and loserness.

Really? Why is this happening? I'm surprised to see you refer to it as "loserness"...probably good to start speaking more highly of yourself to start with.

2 hours ago, JadeSun said:

I'm currently stuck in deep Levels of depression

Ah, man - I've been through that! Being twenty-something can be really rough. I made it through. You'll make it through, too.

You got any baby pictures of yourself, like when you were three or four? Post them on the fridge where you can see them everyday. Take a good look at yourself when you were that age. Learn to love - really love - that little kid! Then remind yourself that that little kid is you. You want the best for that lil' tyke, right? Well give him the best!

That's how it starts, the road out of depression. One day at a time.

I'm glad you found us!

Jason

1 hour ago, Aetherous said:

Really? Why is this happening? I'm surprised to see you refer to it as "loserness"...probably good to start speaking more highly of yourself to start with.

Alright, let's see my life's story so far, it's kinda boring. I think I had everything to be in great standings, weight training starting at 15, I started hanging around *that other forum* at around this age, good education.  Then, I don't know,  I literally put no effort in anything, I got fat, then people started giving me shit for being fat, so then I fixed that, but still I was given shit,   but this time for reasons I couldn't really know, I couldn't notice what was wrong for a LONG time, and that was fucked up because I thought things were going to pick up, then came another downhill, and then another.I also think that reading "spiritual" gibberish without maturity made me a little  arrogant delusional  years ago.

And now I'm just unfunctional trash, and I fear any social situations, and I'm worse than any random person :blush::ph34r:,.

Edited by JadeSun
1 minute ago, JadeSun said:

And now I feel like I'm just trash, worse than any random person.

What if they're all trash, and you're better than any random person? For instance, people giving you shit for reasons you don't know: only trashy people do that.

@ JadeSun

We each have our talents and limitations, and that's what makes us who we are. Nobody's perfect. And we don't need to be. Have you read the Chuang tse?

If you want to find the way up again, take little steps that are so very small that they simply can't fail. See: 

(If you can't find the way up again all by yourself, than seek professional help.)

I'm guessing that Jadesun lives in the US?  Well rest assured, the younger US has been converted into a hyper shit giving society, and it could just be that you are sensitive to it.  Try tai chi as a way of getting in to meditation.