click tracking

4 hours ago, Steve said:

Hi, after raising hell on other forums since the beginning of forums, I finally quit.  As some of you know, my screen name was Starjumper for most of those years.  This place looks like a good idea.

Welcome Steve!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome To LU Stella  

Hello, I'm new to the world of internet forums but have been meditating for about 5 years and am hoping for some connection and discussion with like-minded people! I don't know many spiritual people i

Not really one particular thing :) When meditating I either focus on chakras, breathing, loving kindness, chant mantras or body scan, observe that pesky ego!, or a mishmash of the above! In terms of p

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Hi everyone,

I see a lot of familiar faces here. :)

My name is Jason. I've been studying Taoism for over twenty five years, reading, meditating, living mindfully (yeah, I know), working with the I-Ching. Some of you may recognize my avatar from other parts of the web. I used to be a bit lost and in need of translation, but that seems to be clearing up.

Looking forward to making some new friends and to many rewarding conversations.

Jason

Welcome Jason :) Good to have you here!

9 minutes ago, JadeSun said:

I'm JadeSun, I have a similar username in another forum :blink:. I'm dipping my waters around :) (edit: wait, that's not what I meant but I'll leave it)

Hi

Welcome. Dipping around is good for your waters...

Big thanks to Aetherous for letting me know about this forum and helping me reconnect with my fellow refugees.  I was Liminal_Luke over at Daobums but the system here didn´t let me use the underscore key as part of my handle so Liminal will have to do.  Despite decades of spiritual fooling around -- vipassana retreat here, qigong workshop there -- I´m still trying to find my groove cultivation-wise.  Right now I´m taking Robert Peng´s online Yi JIn JIng course and loving it so far.  I´m also a longtime (but inconsistent) practitioner of Kunlun/Yigong.  I look forward to learning and sharing and hanging out.  It´s good to be here.

1 hour ago, Steve said:

I had a forum around 15 years ago, and I was thinking of starting a new one myself.  The name could be Tao Bums, since they changed the name and it probably isn't patented.

Having all posts reviewed prior to posting is a good idea, it keeps people from getting too wild.  Some other thoughts I had about a good stable forum are as follows.

People use real names and pictures so they don't feel like 'hiding' behind anonymity.  It's common now due to FB, etc.  when joining they would be asked to give a history of past forum screen names, which prevents hiding. 

Plus these additional things:

A forum that specializes in spiritual cultivation practices.
Only one off topic area, or none.
No rules as in taoism, requirement is for emotional maturity and sincere wish to be ethical.  Membership is at the whim of those who are very sensitive to other's energy and intentions.
No politics falls under the emotional maturity requirement.

I was thinking Taoist practices because I'm Taoist, but if we did it together it could be spiritual practices in general.

Names:
Tao Bums
Dragon Gate Forums
Great Circle Master's Group
Gathering of Wizards.

But this forum seems good, instead of all that.

Discussions on sensitivity to energy and others would be a very fun topic.

LU was originally designed as a place where 4 people were going to teach different systems and practices. Only one really did but again, most of that was energy based and used the chat. 

Please feel free to share your teachings and to offer suggestions.

2 minutes ago, Liminal said:

Big thanks to Aetherous for letting me know about this forum and helping me reconnect with my fellow refugees.  I was Liminal_Luke over at Daobums but the system here didn´t let me use the underscore key as part of my handle so Liminal will have to do.  Despite decades of spiritual fooling around -- vipassana retreat here, qigong workshop there -- I´m still trying to find my groove cultivation-wise.  Right now I´m taking Robert Peng´s online Yi JIn JIng course and loving it so far.  I´m also a longtime (but inconsistent) practitioner of Kunlun/Yigong.  I look forward to learning and sharing and hanging out.  It´s good to be here.

Welcome and glad to see you here.  :)

13 minutes ago, Liminal said:

Yay! Happy you made it over :)

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

LU was originally designed as a place where 4 people were going to teach different systems and practices. Only one really did but again, most of that was energy based and used the chat. 

That’s cool Tom, didn’t know that. 

I can definitely feel an energy on the forum. Feels like light and fresh air. 

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Are we going to have those personal journal type sub-forums here? Those were always interesting and fun to read. :)

1 hour ago, lifeforce said:

It feels refreshing to find a place where we won't be forced into some sort of marxist commune.

I just turned on my laptop to make almost that exact comment! I was going to say 'communist recruitment website'. :lol:

Anyways good to see you here.  :) 

7 hours ago, Billa said:

Are we going to have those personal journal type sub-forums here? Those were always interesting and fun to read. :)

I like the personal forum area also.  May be in future as Karen says.  Not sure how much of an initial effort it would be to setup something like that.  Plus there is some work for the moderators when members make requests each time.  This forum seems to run the same base software.

11 minutes ago, Karen said:

I believe email notifications are only sent out once a day. Immediate notification typically applies notifications on the forum itself.

Thank you. Then that must be how it works.

Edited by Zwerver
19 hours ago, FaXin said:

That’s cool Tom, didn’t know that. 

I can definitely feel an energy on the forum. Feels like light and fresh air. 

Hi Faxin, 

Welcome - and glad to hear you feel that way. 

19 hours ago, Tom said:

Hi Tom, 

Actually this forum dates back to the launch of the website - or just after, and so, 2010 or so. I don't recall the four teachers approach per se - but that doesn't mean it wasn't discussed. As I like to say - "my memory isn't getting worse - my presence is getting better!" 

Any teaching (I'll let the teacher(s) in question comment as they care to do so) - was not offered by Shweta and myself, but by others who joined the forum a bit later - which was fine, and quite welcome. 

And it's all good - I just wanted to mention that this forum has actually been around a bit longer than the time-frame you mentioned above - which was kind of a second phase, a few years in.