click tracking

Just now, PatrickJB said:

I've become rather sick of it all and would rather not discuss anything with a political tone unless people agree that they are seeking the middle ground. I won't say anything else here but maybe we can discuss this on a new thread/s in the future.

I love politics, love having debates but I have learned politics and spirituality is a good way of upsetting and losing people.

I know, I sure wouldn't want to have a Trump like thread here at LU.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome To LU Stella  

Hello, I'm new to the world of internet forums but have been meditating for about 5 years and am hoping for some connection and discussion with like-minded people! I don't know many spiritual people i

Not really one particular thing :) When meditating I either focus on chakras, breathing, loving kindness, chant mantras or body scan, observe that pesky ego!, or a mishmash of the above! In terms of p

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I love politics, love having debates but I have learned politics and spirituality is a good way of upsetting and losing people.

I know, I sure wouldn't want to have a Trump like thread here at LU.

LOL Yeah that was extremely incendiary but the moderators let it run and from what I saw of it it wasn't that bad. Perhaps it got worse as it did get locked eventually after what seemed like years. Moderation and moderator the clue is in there somewhere! 

3 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

How do we join the slack channel for the chat? It says to contact the workspace administrator for an invite.

Send me a pm with your email address, and I will get an invite sent.

Hi, after raising hell on other forums since the beginning of forums, I finally quit.  As some of you know, my screen name was Starjumper for most of those years.  This place looks like a good idea.

1 minute ago, Karen said:

I have no idea what is going on. I left before any what he was doing became public.

I strongly disagreed with his first actions and left quietly only to return for one post expressing my disgust and how sad it was the founding principles no longer applied.

Yes I saw your post and although my comments on that same thread might have been a bit iffy I don't see why Mr X had to be so nasty. It really is bonkers how anybody, absolutely anybody that holds even the slightest right wing view is suddenly a racist, homophob etc! It's just getting beyond a joke these people are out of control, really.  

20 minutes ago, Karen said:

Welcome, @Aetherous @PatrickJB @JossBeaumont and anyone I might have missed.

Thanks, glad to see you here. I tried messaging you when I saw your last post, but wasn't able to.

I've told a number of people that: it'd be nice if there was a forum that functioned just like how the bums did, but just with a different owner who was dedicated to not censoring essentially half of all people and turning what was an open forum into an ideologically driven one. I don't have any skills, but I've looked at phpBB which is apparently free, and can be hosted inexpensively. It'd be nice to have another highly catchy domain name...I haven't really come up with any super good ideas for a name yet.

Since I have no skills, I may never even work toward it, and simply use this place for spiritual discussion. Very nice that this existed already!

11 minutes ago, Steve said:

Hi, after raising hell on other forums since the beginning of forums, I finally quit.  As some of you know, my screen name was Starjumper for most of those years.  This place looks like a good idea.

Nice to see you steve! Ive always enjoyed your posts on the Bums. We are lucky to have a mountain dwelling Daoist hermit here.  :D 

14 minutes ago, Steve said:

Hi Steve good to have you here.

The owner of ttb has said some terrible things in the last few days, it is a very bad thing for someone with responsibility to be like that.
Today he put a song I never heard before on the  "what you watching" thread.
These are the lyrics for the song :
"We're at the gates, We're at your door, We got the guillotine, We got the guillotine, you better run"
There are demonic energies flowing in the open these days.
One should be happy to leave such a place.

Such is the world, it is important to take care with the company you keep.
And to take care in many things.