click tracking
Jeff

Any new topics?

How about discrimination?

I recently had a conversation regarding discrimination and it seems there may be different meanings.

First discrimination when first going light?

Another topic was if a being is bigger than you would you still feel him inside you and what you were not able to feel outside of you is a lack of discrimination because he is bigger than you?

So basically how do you see discrimination as a progression along the path?

Edited by Tom

In the context that I mean it, discrimination means increasing perception within "your being".  Sort of like you can feel a fingernail within your finger (within your body).

In terms of "bigger", could say it is like levels of refinement of perception.  Like you may be  "all", but don't yet perceive aspects that are in "other" dimensions.

Or, conversely, what is the threshold that needs to be reached in order begin to perceive these other layers? For example, how can 'I feel lots of energy around me right now' become 'oh, there are female beings with me right now.' :)

22 hours ago, Tom said:

What are some of the factors that may limit discrimination?

Issues and fears that blocks one's knowing. :) 

42 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Issues and fears that blocks one's knowing. :) 

Haha, should have seen that one coming :)

I would like to know more about Emptiness...What is it in a spiritual way or could you give an example of emptiness in a spiritual way?

Thanks Jeff

There are not really any good examples as it is more like the primordial (or what is beyond mind). It is where everything and nothing are the same. What I call light would be the motion of this nothingness with infinite potential.

On 7/19/2018 at 10:54 AM, Tom said:

How about discrimination?

I recently had a conversation regarding discrimination and it seems there may be different meanings.

First discrimination when first going light?

Another topic was if a being is bigger than you would you still feel him inside you and what you were not able to feel outside of you is a lack of discrimination because he is bigger than you?

So basically how do you see discrimination as a progression along the path?

for me it seems there becomes less and less discrimination from an energy perspective. for example it may have before felt like turbulance of thoughts and emotions when around particular things. later in the process it becomes less and less. the same can be about oneself. earlier in the process ones own beliefs, perceptions, thoughts, emotions can be like turbulance. later none of the above not as much. the teaching from the energy is in complete acceptance from that energetic component. naturally you become from the minds perspective more tollerant to what is. because the energrtic component is completely tolerant at that higher level. she is the teacher. one can look at like a new freedom of more self acceptance. and or used as acceptance of others.

that i believe is the function of the nondual energetic component.

the truth of it all could very well just be that everything really is a dream and we are all just actors in the cosmos.

there is a freedom in that. but a lot lost. cause there is so much death to the ego to realise it was all a game we played upon ourselves.

Discrimination is intelligence.
The kind of discrimination that Buddha had or that Jesus had is very rare, very high, very refined.
Most people do not know if they are alive and dead, death approaches and they take no action whatsoever, clinging on to dreams before falling off a cliff as if it was a dream.
Buddha had a warning when you and he responded.
His discrimination and intelligence were real, grounded, honest, sincere, practical and clear.
And he acted.  He understood.
Many wanted him to say, seducing him with pleasures, but his discrimination was stronger.
When he was trained in the jhanas, he felt, he sensed, with his fine discrimination that the state was not right, that it was not complete, that it was not somehow the real deal ... and so he left.
His intelligence was sensitive ... he sensed things others did not.
He saw the difference between very small things, very small feelings, small amounts of light.
He wished for only light within him, and he used his intelligence to sense where and how to find it.
In the end one does not need to let go of the false.
One needs to cling fully and desire the light, so that one cannot breathe without it.

It is strange, truly strange, that the minds of humans have turned Buddha's exceptionally refined discrimination into this refusal to discriminate.  Or the idea of letting go and letting go more and letting go more.
At what point will you simply cling to the light, as if your life depends on it ?
Truly human beings can turn white into black, and what is straight into something crooked, in just a few generations.
Soon all that is left of a teaching ... is sand and desert.
Until a new man arrives, who is willing, who is burning, who is hoping, who remembers.
The light.

19 hours ago, rideforever said:

Discrimination is intelligence.
The kind of discrimination that Buddha had or that Jesus had is very rare, very high, very refined.
Most people do not know if they are alive and dead, death approaches and they take no action whatsoever, clinging on to dreams before falling off a cliff as if it was a dream.
Buddha had a warning when you and he responded.
His discrimination and intelligence were real, grounded, honest, sincere, practical and clear.
And he acted.  He understood.
Many wanted him to say, seducing him with pleasures, but his discrimination was stronger.
When he was trained in the jhanas, he felt, he sensed, with his fine discrimination that the state was not right, that it was not complete, that it was not somehow the real deal ... and so he left.
His intelligence was sensitive ... he sensed things others did not.
He saw the difference between very small things, very small feelings, small amounts of light.
He wished for only light within him, and he used his intelligence to sense where and how to find it.
In the end one does not need to let go of the false.
One needs to cling fully and desire the light, so that one cannot breathe without it.

It is strange, truly strange, that the minds of humans have turned Buddha's exceptionally refined discrimination into this refusal to discriminate.  Or the idea of letting go and letting go more and letting go more.
At what point will you simply cling to the light, as if your life depends on it ?
Truly human beings can turn white into black, and what is straight into something crooked, in just a few generations.
Soon all that is left of a teaching ... is sand and desert.
Until a new man arrives, who is willing, who is burning, who is hoping, who remembers.
The light.

Hi Rideforever,

A Buddha would not have the same discrimination as what is being discussed above. There is no aspect of oneness within Buddhism. So a Buddha, would have clarity of mind and then he would use lifetimes of experience to relate to another.

With the oneness aspect, there is no separation from you and another being, so just like you can know yourself, you can know another.

Now, there are various levels of clarity alone the path to such a realization and everyone is different when it comes to such clarity.

The main thing is that such knowing is possible.

Buddha in the Lotus Sutra used the names of individual tathagattas, and he also described their individual journeys.  Therefore htey are individual during their journey and individual after.

It is clear from his journey that his discrimination was higher than those around him, that is why he left his luxurious life, and why he left his first teacher and then the second.  Other people did not discriminate, they could not tell there was a problem, but he could.  

Discrimination was the basis of his journey.  Discrimination is simply intelligence.

When is discrimination a problem ?  There are many unintelligent people who make mistakes ... but that is a lack of inteligence or experience, a lack of learning.  That doesn't mean intelligence is a problem, just that you can't use it yet and need to learn.

He could see with his Divine Eye.

To me, in my tradition discrimination is greater clarity of oneness. It really has nothing to do with intelligence.

Posted (edited)

Sensing the source is a form of intelligence. 
Many people in our world clearly cannot sense the source.
But some can sense what is the source and what is not the source.
Sensitivity - intelligence - discrimination all go hand in hand.

You say that there are many levels ... clearly this means there is something individuated that is undergoing many levels, that is a soul.

When Buddha left the castle he was a young man, he didn't have a divine eye, he just had normal eyes and was intelligent enough to see what all the suffering meant.
Some people do some people don't, depending on their intelligent discrimination.

Intelligence simply works through discrimination.
This is suffering, this is death, this is the source.
This is not, that is not, and that is also not.
Discriminating between what is and what is not.

Perhaps you mean that you restrain the human discrimination, in order to discriminate the source.
That is practical.
Another way of doing this is to make the human discrimination conscious rather than subconscious.

Edited by rideforever

38 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Sensing the source is a form of intelligence. 
Many people in our world clearly cannot sense the source.
But some can sense what is the source and what is not the source.
Sensitivity - intelligence - discrimination all go hand in hand.

You say that there are many levels ... clearly this means there is something individuated that is undergoing many levels, that is a soul.

When Buddha left the castle he was a young man, he didn't have a divine eye, he just had normal eyes and was intelligent enough to see what all the suffering meant.
Some people do some people don't, depending on their intelligent discrimination.

Intelligence simply works through discrimination.
This is suffering, this is death, this is the source.
This is not, that is not, and that is also not.
Discriminating between what is and what is not.

Perhaps you mean that you restrain the human discrimination, in order to discriminate the source.
That is practical.
Another way of doing this is to make the human discrimination conscious rather than subconscious.

There is a difference between sensing the source and being the source. I am more referring to being that source. Being that source is beyond the local mind or what you are referring to as intelligence.

I would not agree with a soul per se.. more there are stages of progression or you could say that refinement of clarity is an ever ongoing process.

7 minutes ago, FaXin said:

Would you call intuition intelligence? Maybe a higher intelligence...

No, I would say more just a knowing.. maybe at the subconscious level.

On 8/5/2019 at 8:42 AM, FaXin said:

Would you call intuition intelligence? Maybe a higher intelligence...

My lingo calls it Wu-knowing. Intuition palps the Mystery... 

On 7/18/2018 at 5:50 AM, Jeff said:

Any thoughts?

Best, Jeff

How about... your next life's human form? 

Just now, Karen said:

Chas, since you seem to only be here to sow discourse you are, until further discussion by staff, on moderated posting.

It's a sincere topic, Karen. What discourse do you assume I sow?

Just now, Karen said:

We will discuss it, in the mean time you just need to stop your abusive behavior.

What exactly is abusive, Karen? Please explain.