click tracking
Doug

Welcome - Start Here If New

Hello,

Welcome to the News & Current Events forum.

The primary reason this forum has been created is as an alternate online community for people who do not wish to discuss Huffington Post news and current events via Facebook, per the recent change in commenting options on Huffington Post.

Since Huffington Post is no longer offering options other than Facebook for commenting, this forum is intended to serve as an alternate community with features that may be preferable to many who have expressed that they will not be commenting on Facebook.

Forum Features Include:

Anonymous registration (you don't have to use your real name).

No word limit (though the 250 word limit at HP is actually a good guideline.)

Ability to easily link to other information and videos, etc.

Live chat (currently with a 20 user at a time limit - if we begin to exceed that, we can raise it.)

Ability to Private Message and Friend other members.

... and a whole lot more.

Posting Guidelines

Since we don't have the news stories to start from, as on Huffington Post, please start a new topic by linking to a news story from Huffington Post or another credible (mainstream) news source. If the story is of average or shorter length, you may want to cut and paste the entire story, and link to it, as the first post in the thread -- and then begin the discussion in a new post, by replying to yourself.

For an example of what I'm referring to, please see this topic, featuring and NSA-related article.

The same general level of civility required by Huffington Post is required here, too -- vigorous debate is fine; personal attacks are not. To be sure we're on the same page with respect to this, please take a couple of minutes to review our forum guidelines

Also, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch with me, and I'll respond as quickly as I can.

Thanks - I'm looking forward to continuing the conversations with whoever feels so inclined.

Thanks,

Doug

Posted (edited)

@Doug

Hello.  I would like to make some comments on the design and layout of this website.

I am finding hard to navigate the site.  On the front page there is the list of sections with descriptions of the sections.   But as a regular user you don't need to read that.   Even the descriptions could be placed within the section rather the front page.
What would be more useful and engaging is to list the top 3 threads or latest posts under the heading Buddhism and for all the sections.   

Then you can have direct access to current conversations and can click in.

Also the main space on the homepage is not taken up with things that only the unfamilar would need.

Also the text of the words Buddhism/ Taoism etc... is quite heavy.

Also it says in a narrow column the number of posts like "1,288 POSTS" but what would be more useful is ... the latest post ?

Such changes would make interaction more easy and immediate..

Whilst I am at it !!!  The right colum with topic activity could be "compressed" so that each item who not so tall and you could see more at a glance.  Each box can have fewer lines with the words sharing the same line.

I hope this sounds constructive rather than critical !

Edited by rideforever

11 hours ago, rideforever said:

@Doug

Hello.  I would like to make some comments on the design and layout of this website.

I am finding hard to navigate the site.  On the front page there is the list of sections with descriptions of the sections.   But as a regular user you don't need to read that.   Even the descriptions could be placed within the section rather the front page.
What would be more useful and engaging is to list the top 3 threads or latest posts under the heading Buddhism and for all the sections.   

Then you can have direct access to current conversations and can click in.

Also the main space on the homepage is not taken up with things that only the unfamilar would need.

Also the text of the words Buddhism/ Taoism etc... is quite heavy.

Also it says in a narrow column the number of posts like "1,288 POSTS" but what would be more useful is ... the latest post ?

Such changes would make interaction more easy and immediate..

Whilst I am at it !!!  The right colum with topic activity could be "compressed" so that each item who not so tall and you could see more at a glance.  Each box can have fewer lines with the words sharing the same line.

I hope this sounds constructive rather than critical !

Hi rideforever, 

Welcome to the Living Unbound forum. And sure - all constructive criticism and suggestions are most welcome. The main issue is: I'm not sure how skilled any of us are at making such changes - but I will see what I can figure out. 

"Also the text of the words Buddhism/ Taoism etc... is quite heavy." 

Not sure what you mean by this - and, more specifically - what you would recommend changing - ?

Thanks again for taking the time to make these suggestions, and, again - welcome!

Best, 

Doug